Are You Looking to learn how to do archery? You are in the right place!
Virginia Hankins is a certified and insured USA Archery national level coach and Hollywood archery film advisor who helps archery students to "start right" in the extraordinary "Sport of Kings."
She specializes in starting new archers with proper international recurve bow foundational form, positive reinforcement, and focuses on a "slow and steady" and collaborative weight training approach to reduce the likelihood of injury in her archery students.
Private ARCHERY Lessons (Simi Valley, CA)
- Up to 3 people can shoot under this one price.
- Additional people are $20 / person per hour.
- Add $15 per person for 30m+ long range (if desired).
Gain the personal service and coaching that you need to become your best as you immerse yourself in the Olympic sport of recurve archery! Lessons are in held at one of two serene outdoor 18m archery ranges in Simi Valley (Ventura County, California) and include all loaner equipment that you need to get started right during your lesson.
Lessons in Simi Valley are available on afternoons and evenings M-F and also weekend mornings for lessons ending by 11AM. All lesson times are subject to availability.
PRIVATE ARCHERY LESSONS (DELIVERED)
$250/1 hour (up to 3 people)
Enjoy the privacy and security of your residence, set, or estate when you choose to have a portable archery range brought to you for lessons. All loaner equipment and travel including a target, recurve bows, arrows, and related safety equipment is included in this rate.
Traveling archery lessons are available on Saturdays and Sundays in the Ventura County, Hidden Hills, Calabasas, and Northern Los Angeles areas, subject to availability.
A photo of the practice space is required at time of booking to ensure that the correct layout is delivered.
15% of sales purchased. Payment is due on any desired equipment before an order is placed.
Confused by buying equipment? Overwhelmed by numbers and terms? Utilize this exclusive archery concierge service to match your personal interests and needs to archery equipment that will work for you.
For archery prop rentals, archery equipment rentals, on camera archery coaching, and archery range rentals for film and TV productions please call (805) 328-4911.
Archery Party (DELIVERED)
Starting at $485/1 hour + travel (up to 15 people)
A hands-on archery birthday or team building party delivered to your next event where your guests learn to do the Sport of Kings. Blunted arrows available.
- 1 Archery Party Instructor & 1 Archery Assistant
- Portable Target and Archery Rental Equipment
- Archery Safety Overview, Form, & Technique
- Archery Equipment Parts and History
- 1:1 Archery Shooting Assistance
- Group Shooting Practice
- Archery Shooting Game(s) as Time Permits
- Photo Opportunities
HOW TO SCHEDULE AN ARCHERY LESSON
Please have your calendar in front of you, call (805) 328-4911, and ask to be transferred to Virginia. She will work with you to set up your first archery lesson date and email you an electronic calendar invitation with your archery lesson time, location, and date to confirm your appointment.
You are highly encouraged to arrive to your archery lesson location in Simi Valley five minutes early to ensure that you are ready to start on time. Virginia has a very tight schedule and does not grant any additional extension time for archery students who are late.
Payment is due in person, in cash, at the beginning of your archery lesson.
WHAT TO WEAR & BRING TO SHOOT ARCHERY
Archers are advised to wear close toe shoes such as sneakers or hiking boots, sunglasses, sunblock, compression fit shirt or other close fitting shirt (lose clothes get caught in the bowstring and ruin shots), and long pants. Bringing water to stay hydrated is encouraged.
- What is It?
- USA Archery, the governing body of archery in the United States, requires that all students enrolled in its sanctioned archery programs, practices, and archery lessons become members of its organization forinsurance coverage. Annual registration to USA Archery is fast, cheap, and easy.
- Which Level of Membership Do You Need?
- If you plan on competing or being eligible for achievement programs (pins, rankings, tournaments, etc.) you will need the $50/year "Adult Membership" or $35/year "Youth Membership"
- If you do NOT plan on competing the $15/year "Recreational Membership" is satisfactory.
- How Do You Sign Up?
- Go to https://webpoint.usarchery.org/wp/Memberships/Join.wp
- Once you select your desired membership level click on "Sign Up" at the bottom of the screen to proceed to the next page.
- The top section is for "Club Affiliation." Select "California" as the State.
- A "Club" drop down list will appear. Select "Sheroes Entertainment" as the club and complete the remainder of the form.
- The website will display a confirmation screen with your new USA Archery number. Print out the screen and bring it with you.
Why Train In Archery With Virginia Hankins?
Widely known as being one of the best children's archery coaches in the archery industry, she has successfully trained over 7,000 people between 3 and 86 years of age to enjoy the sport of archery due to her unique and friendly precision coaching style. Her patient style serves this female archery coach well as a coach to foreign royalty, international sports celebrities, and stressed film production teams where she has a remarkable talent for helping actors and actresses to "look great and be safe" on camera in two hours or less.
Prior to finding her passion in coaching archery, Virginia trained as a recurve archer under two time world champion archery coach John Norberg, competed nationally, was a member of the California State Archery Team, founded the University of Southern California (USC) Archery Team, assisted Disney-Pixar in its launch of the hit archery film Brave, and has performed live trick shots for up to 4,000 people. Virginia Hankins currently works in Hollywood as an on set archery coordinator, teaches as a national level USA Archery coach, serves as the resident archery expert and patch program creator for the Girl Scouts of California's Central Coast, and is the archery expert and archery stunt coordinator for the upcoming television show "Shoot to Thrill."
As a Level 3 USA archery coach certified in the National Training System (NTS) she is authorized to train Level 1 and Level 2 archery instructors for summer camps, recreational programs, and run full competitive, recreational, school, and camp programs in the USA Olympic Team Training Methods.
While most of her work is in coaching new recurve and longbow students, Virginia does assist with beginning compound bow and crossbow shooters (student must have their own compound or crossbow) too. Her attention to detail has enabled her to become certified for both Northern California and Southern California through the State of California Department of Fish & Wildlife (previously the Department of Fish and Game) for hunting safety... a specialty accreditation that merges both safety and performance in wilderness and high stress situations for archery and gun work.